First 20 models are done in my little “30 models in 30 days project”. This Fridays model was an iPhone with geometry prepared for deformation. So my Friday project was a few tests bending and twisting the model and ended up with the iBallon picture when I started to play with the simulation i C4d.
First 20 models can be seen here: Sønderby 3d gallery
I found some fantastic ”Fuck 3D” glases at F.A.T. (The Free Art and Technology Lab). See them here: www.fffff.at/fuck-3d/
But my glass is always half full so I decided to make a more positive version of the glasses. Now you can get your own.
Download ”I Love 2D” PDF here.
Artists often start the day with some warm up drawings – and if its working for them, why not try that in 3d too.
The idea is to start every (work)day with a model for 30 days. The first 10 days went really well and I learned a lot by using functions / techniques I normally don’t use that much. It’s been taking longer then expected, so the next weeks will probably be more regular speed modelling.
The models can be seen here in a higher resolution: Sønderby 3d gallery
It’s been a while since i posted a friday experiment, not because I havn’t been experimenting but because the results have not been that interesting to show off. I have made loads of tests tracking and stabilising hand held and bicycle shots. So if you have seen someone cycling around Copenhagen haphazardly with one hand on the handlebars and a small videocamera mounted on a ModeSteady in the other, it was most likely me.
This friday experiment is a stabilised handheld shot with a car replacement. The bouncy balls are mostly there to test shadows/reflections and the new dynamics in Cinema 4d r12.
Camera tracking made in SynthEyes. 3d i Cinema 4d R12.
A motion tracking experiment for testing the workflow from shooting in 1080p, stabilising in SynthEyes and exporting to Cinema 4d in 720p to spice up the shot with a few 3d elements.
It was shot at the harbour in Sæby (Denmark) without the faintest idea about what to add in 3d. Normally when I do tests like these I just use a few spheres and cubes and bin the file when I’m happy with the result. This time I used the opportunity to play with the pixel effect used on the fishing boat but also other details like tracking the lamppost which moves in front of the elements added to the walls.
A special thanks to Robert Leger (www.robertleger.net) for his Voxel-Effect script used on the fishing boat .